91 Crx Si Problems

Hello all. I have a 91 Crx Si completely stock with 57,000 miles. I am having issues with my idling. After the car warms up, the idle on the car drops down almost to the needle, but it has not yet stalled. I have just given it a complete tune-up (plugs, wires, cap, rotor, pcv, air & fuel filter). I know its not the eacv, b/c I just put in a brand new one today. The idle is in spec at 750 rpm when read at the distributor, but my tach buries and I can feel the car bogging. I?ve checked for vacuum leaks and I haven?t found any. Could it be the tps or something else. I?m running out of ideas. Any advice would be very appreciated. thanx.

I forgot to mention that it gets worse when under heavy electrical load (ie. lights on, heater fan on, hazards on, rear defrost on).

Reply to
dcrolin

what codes are you getting?

Reply to
jim beam

"jim beam1" wrote: > dcrolin wrote: > > Hello all. I have a 91 Crx Si completely stock with 57,000 > miles. I > > am having issues with my idling. After the car warms up, the > idle on > > the car drops down almost to the needle, but it has not yet > stalled. > > I have just given it a complete tune-up (plugs, wires, cap, > rotor, > > pcv, air & fuel filter). I know its not the eacv, b/c I just > put in a > > brand new one today. The idle is in spec at 750 rpm when > read at the > > distributor, but my tach buries and I can feel the car > bogging. I?ve > > checked for vacuum leaks and I haven?t found any. Could it > be the tps > > or something else. I?m running out of ideas. Any advice > would be > > very appreciated. thanx. > > > > I forgot to mention that it gets worse when under heavy > electrical > > load (ie. lights on, heater fan on, hazards on, rear defrost > on). > > > what codes are you getting?

No codes as of yet. New issues now. My tach is bouncing all over the place and the car is lunging. I?m thinking it may be the igniter or air in the coolant. I?m still looking for any advice. Thanks.

Reply to
dcrolin

tach is electrical. igniters either work or they don't - nothing intermittent unless it's a bad connection. check all the ground leads and battery connections.

57k stock si? if you can't fix it, let me know - i'll buy it!
Reply to
jim beam

"dcrolin" wrote: > No codes as of yet. New issues now. My tach is bouncing all > over the place and the car is lunging. I'm thinking it may be > the igniter or air in the coolant. I'm still looking for any > advice. Thanks.

Problem solved with the bouncing tach and lunging.....I had a very loose connection at the ignitor...must have bumped it when installing new rotor a month ago. The car still idles low, but not that bad.

Reply to
dcrolin