93 Civic ignition coil

I have been having trouble with my 93 Civic starting after a rain. Considered all the most likely candidates and bought/replaced plug wires, distributor cap and rotor; still no go! Then, I noticed that the

2" protrusion on my coil was completely GONE! Probably broken off from becoming brittle/ heat crystallized. Also, there was no d-cap o-ring when I started; go figure. Anyway, now my new problem is that I disconnected the 2 wires from the coil leading to the ignitor and don't remember which goes where (duh)! To add insult to injury, one of the wire's terminal ends broke and a contact screw is stuck in the old coil. Got the new screw/nut, new coil, new terminal end. Now, (help) - can someone please tell me which wire goes where when reconnecting to the ignitor. The 2 terminal ends are the ones on the ignitor closest to the coil. Thanks
Reply to
rowoo2

The two drawings at

should help you to identify and correctly connect the wires.

wrote

Reply to
Elle

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news:1164836314.356374.165250 @l39g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

The + side of the coil (black with a yellow stripe) goes to Terminal 3 of the igniter.

The - side of the coil (white with a blue stripe) goes to Terminal 2 of the igniter.

Photos here:

Tegger

Reply to
rowoo2