93 prelude piston in caliper wont compress

93 honda prelude S (non - vtec)

the break pads need to be replaced but a c-clamp wont push the piston in to fit the new pads.. ive attached a hollow pole to the c-clamp attachment but even more leverage wont make it budge... does this mean i need a new caliper or is there a different way i can get the piston into the caliper?

Reply to
snookumsthacat

I had a 89 Prelude. I use C-clamp to push the piston back. I tried the same thing on my 93 Accord, it won't move at all, almost break the c-clamp. When I read the service manual, I noticed it described to use a pair of need nose pliers to twist the piston and turn, and it worked. Don't know about the prelude. But are you following the service manual?

Paul

Reply to
Paul

"Paul5" wrote: > I had a 89 Prelude. I use C-clamp to push the piston back. I > tried the same > thing on my 93 Accord, it won't move at all, almost break the > c-clamp. When > I read the service manual, I noticed it described to use a > pair of need nose > pliers to twist the piston and turn, and it worked. Don't know > about the > prelude. But are you following the service manual? > > Paul

i am following a chilton?s manual paul5.. apparently it doesnt tell you just everything you need to know.. do you know of a better manual that i should be using?

thanks alot for your help u guys :)

Reply to
snookumsthacat