96 Accord LX 2.2l MFI AT

Hi guys, was really hoping you can help me out!

Was driving home today and the tranny started slipping. Then the CEL came on. I pulled over, turned the car off, then restarted it, drove fine for about 5 minutes. Started slipping again. Turned off, turned on, driving fine again. I had the code pulled and is P0718 Turbine Speed Sensor intermittent.

Would I just need to replace this part? Is it strange that the transmission would stop slipping just because I turned the car off and then on again? It doesnt matter if the car is off for 2 seconds or 2 minutes. Just turning it off and on again fixes it for a little while. Maybe a bad connection somewhere?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, if I do need to replace this part, where would I find one, and is the part actually called "turbine speed sensor"?

Brice

Reply to
canopy2k

Anyone?

Brice

Reply to
canopy2k

Is it only one certain gear it slips in?

Reply to
Zippo