98 Accord with Engine light code P1456

My car got the engine light code P1456. It has been cleared for 3 times but it still come back on. I bought a new gas cap from deler, but it still on. The local shop checked about this code for me, he said there is not thing wrong with any part, but gas tank he was not be able to check. He recommed me to go to Honda, so I went. Honda just said he ran the test about vapor in gas tank, there is only leak they could fine is gas cap. They cleared the light for me againn, but 6 days after that it was back ON!! I called the dealer they said they have on idea, there is only one way, checking everything about this code following a chart. But, they dont know how long will it be, and how much for the service.

I'm worry about this, please help me. Will this problem affect my engine or anything???

Reply to
nnnn via CarKB.com

"nnnn via CarKB.com" wrote in news:78dd864700add@uwe:

Is the new cap gray or black? Your car takes the gray one.

There IS something wrong with one of the many parts of the sytem, otherwise the light wouldn't illuminate.

There is an 8-page TSB (98-045) that describes the testing procedure to be used in diagnosing a P1456 error. any garage may perform these tests. All you need is a vacuum gauge and a wire to be used as a jumper.

Unfortunately, these new government-dictated evap systems are so bloody complex and sensitive, it can take a long time to properly troubleshoot problems. This is probably why your mechanic told you to go to the dealer: he doesn't want to spend lots of time he may not be able to charge for.

Don't worry about damage to the engine. Evap errors do not cause any damage to anything whatsoever.

Reply to
Tegger

Reply to
nnnn via CarKB.com

"nnnn via CarKB.com" wrote in news:794a5d195c40f@uwe:

I posted the mention of an 8-page TSB on this subject. If you want to blindly throw money at the car instead of troubleshooting the issue properly, be my guest.

Go here:

with username lib and password access Choose "Auto Repair Reference Center" from menu at left. Navigate to your car. The TSB is there.

Reply to
Tegger

come on, be reasonable! he wants to spend him money, monkey with his car, then bleat to his buddies about what crap hondas are because you can't fix them like the old p.o.s. 50's chevy truck he used to have. you're ruining his fun - stop that.

Reply to
jim beam

jim beam wrote in news:ne-dnQRID7GZVZranZ2dnUVZ_o snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net:

Bad, BAD Tegger.