Accord 1998 rear clunk noise

98 Accord, every bump I hear a clunk. Everything seems tight, stabilizer bar links replaced. Struts seem ok, and are not leaking. Could the rear struts still cause a noise like this?

155,000 miles, lookes good, engines purrs like a kitten. The rear springs seem ok.

Reply to
acforn

Check the items in your trunk. I had a box of stuff that was making a clunk and made me think I had a bad strut.

Reply to
Roadrunner NG

I would be checking the rear lower control arm bushings and the various rubber mounts on the shock absorbers. Especially if you drive in northern U.S. type winters.

wrote

Reply to
Elle

weird but on my 99 accord the shock piston protector rusted off and constantly rattled made me crazy

Reply to
Ray

Found the trouble, Jim, you were correct...I first checked for play in the sway bar, with the rear end jackedup and the suspension unloaded. The bar was tight and no play. Backed the car on ramps ,loadind the supension, and the sway bar had play, especialy, the right side, because of the heat of the muffler, i suppose. Replaced and ok. Thanks Jim,and all who helped

Reply to
acforn