accord auto shift button

Hi. I have a '94 accord ex & the button on the shifter is getting really hard to push in. Almost to the point where I need 2 hands. Any idea how to fix that?

Also, the same car revs up & down when idling in cold weather. Other than that I luv it.

thanks

Reply to
jimmy

Try a real quick shot of spray lube/cleaner like BreakFree. Use the spray extension tube to get it right into the space around the button-- and don't over spray and use too much. Give it a few minutes to work

Reply to
0.0

Yep, silicone spray in the button and fill up your coolant reservoir to the MAX mark. You've got AIR in the system and it's confusing the computer.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

I sprayed some rust Check in the shifter & It's bettaer than new! Must've been gummed up. I haven't tried the coolant fill up trick for he revving thing yet but will on the weekend.

thanks guys!

Reply to
jimmy