Activating XM

I became the recent owner of a used 2005 Honda CR-V SE and I am wondering how I activate the XM Satellite radio? Unfortunately the vehicle did not come with the owners manual and while I have purchased one from EBay, if possible, I'd like to activate the XM tomorrow.

Thanks for any help,

Ryan

Reply to
RyanTaylor

Elmo P. Shagnasty

Ryan, there should be a sat button on the radio or a source button. once you are on the satelite band, tune to chanel 1. there will be a radio code. write it down. then go to xmradio.com and get the phone number. call them and sign up. they will ask you for the code. after you sign up, they will tell you what to do.

Reply to
jfrancis311

Actually, it is channel 0 for the radio code. Channel 1 is the preview channel.

Once you get the code, call 800-XM-Radio, give them the radio code, your credit card info & voila.

I just switched my service from a car that I got rid of to a new installation at Circuit City in my new car & I called XM and the radio was working within minutes, before I even pulled it out of the bay.

Reply to
shitdick

I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong, but I hold down the XM button, and nothing happens. I do have a question though, is it possible I don't have the XM receiver?

I see the antenna on the roof of the CR-V and the radio itself has "XM Ready" stamped on it. Now I take "XM Ready" to mean all I do is call up XM and after activation, I'm good to go. Though just after going through a Sirius install on my wife's Celica, I know you need a receiver between the antenna and stereo and I can't find the receiver for the life of me.

Ryan

Reply to
RyanTaylor