Broken Compressor Belt, 98 Honda Civic EX

My Civic sedan, which I've owned for 10 years, has 197,300 miles as of this writing.

I discovered that my air compressor belt was broken. I was able to slip it out, and noticed the breakage point, as well as the extensive fraying. This explains why my air conditioner isn't working right now.

In addition to the obvious need to get a new belt, is there a chance that my air compressor itself needs to be serviced or replaced?

-- Message posted using

information at

warlock162

Let$ hope not, but if you got ten years from that belt it didn't owe you anything. Too bad you don't have a USED belt to test with, in case is actually is the compressor's fault . . Scrap yard for $2 ?

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

Of course. The reason why the compressor belt broke is that the compressor might have been too hard to turn, because of bad bearings or other problems.

Ask about this when your belt is replaced.

Reply to
Jeff