best way to get MP3 into radio?

I have a 2003 Odyssey. It has a radio with cd player. What is the best way to get a mp3 player into the audio system? Is there a good phase locked FM transmitter to use? I got a cheap FM transmitter that plugs in to lighter but its really crappy and drifts of station every few minutes.

any thoughts?

snipped-for-privacy@realcredits.com

Reply to
regina.debouse

I bought this no-name FM transmitter from Wal-Mart (all it says on it is "FCC ID: POSEF-6208") and it works fine. It transmits on 4 frequencies from 88.1 to 88.7 and has a fine tuner. It can sound real crappy if the volume of sound sent to it is too high, so just turn the volume of the MP3 player down. If you want volume, use the radio volume, not the MP3 player.

Only down side to this thing is it has a manual on-off and if you forget, you will drain the batteries.

Reply to
Gordon Zola

If you have any kind of leanings towards wanting decent sounding audio, there aren't any affordable fm modulators that work. The only real solution is to replace the unit with one that has an aux jack. I put an alpine 9845 in my car - about 140$, plays mp3 disks, has an aux jack, and has a decent amp. No bells or whistles, but good sound and flexibility for a decent price.

Reply to
not

--------------------------------

Your best solution is to SEARCH this group. It's been discussed to death. If you have the single CD, you can add an AUX input by plugging into the 'expansion' connector on the backside of your deck. If you have the six-cd indash, I think you're hooped. You didn't mention which Odyssey or which deck you have.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

On 10/19/2005 12:29 AM 'Curly Q. Links' spake these words of knowledge:

FWIW, Curly, many ISPs don't carry much usenet history. Mine, for example (Roadrunner) has article in this newsgroup going back only 6 days. Clicking on a header from the 12th of October gets a 'no such article in group'.

RFT!!! Dave Kelsen

Reply to
Dave Kelsen

Well then Google is your friend.

High Tech Misfit

-------------------------------------

Good point . . Then google.com (groups) would be a good way to find it. The adapters are available from Crutchfield, with names like PIE, BLitzsafe, etc.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

A good one? No... The ones I've tried both sounded like crap!

Reply to
BE

Buy a new head unit.

snipped-for-privacy@booomail.com wrote in news:da2f2$43551474$d99c5301$ snipped-for-privacy@allthenewsgroups.com: