Brake Light

My brake light comes on and off occassionally, especially when the engine is cold. Curly gave me the link to service bulletin 03-078 and the float moves but there is fluid inside the master cylinder cap where the electronics are. Should that be dry or is that a sign of failure?

Reply to
ans3072

"ans3072" wrote in news:1167426373.598833.188200 @i12g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

It could just mean somebody turned the cap upside down and left it that way long enough for brake fluid to dribble into the cap. This would not affect the electronics, so your brake warning lamp problem is not due to that.

Reply to
Tegger

[you don't say what make model, mileage, age, etc....]

question: is this the original master cylinder or a replacement? many of the after market cylinders have very low quality float switches and the light will commonly come on without reason.

solution:

  1. replace with oem, or
  2. unplug the leads and make sure you regularly do a visual check on the fluid level instead.
Reply to
jim beam

I havea a Honda CR-V 2001 96,000 miles.

I am the 2nd owner and I believe everything to be original. I just replaced the battery this past month.

jim beam wrote:

Reply to
ans3072