Brake servicing FAQ page update...

Yep those are the ones. I find it very difficult to get the bolts off without applying it.

Reply to
Nick

Ha! Here's a life time supply of the stuff...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

I remember years ago when a friend had an obvious rotor pulse. Machining the rotors made no difference. Changing pads and replacing rotors still made no difference.

The whole problem disapeared when he bought a new set of tires...

JT

(Who thinks gearheading leads to unbalanced thinking...sometimes.)

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Everytime I try to go to dowcorning.com, I get a "server error"! WTF?

Reply to
Hachiroku

Grumpy AuContraire wrote in news:I5k3i.3508$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

Waaait a minute. That site lists a 496 gram tub. That's just over a pound, or 17.5 oz.

For.... wait for it..........

$2,076.96

TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS!!!!!

Hey man, I've got better things to do with two thousand dollars. Cocaine is probably cheaper.

Reply to
Tegger

Dude! One+ lb buckets! I see it's a whole lot cheaper if you buy three....

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Nick wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Really? I wonder why? In sixteen years I've never had a problem with removing the bolts from the pins. Usually the problem is removing the pins from the pad mount bracket, that being unrelated to the use of anti-seize.

Anti-seizes are petroleum-based and will rot your rubber pin boots.

Reply to
Tegger

=?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?= wrote in news:QBp3i.4536$xu.3374@trndny07:

Try the simple approach, grasshopper.

Navigate to the holy M77 page from there.

Does that help?

Reply to
Tegger

(Now he tells me...I use it on the slides...)

Reply to
Hachiroku

I only apply it to the threaded section of the bolt and even then it is just a thin layer, besides even if they rot, they cost so little and are easy to replace. I will keep in in mind.

Thanks, Nick

Reply to
Nick

Molykote is widely used in India and the results are excellent. For lubr problems, you can click here.

Four-P International Pvt Ltd No.6 Esplanade, Indian Chamber Building 3rd floor, Chennai 600 108 (India). Fax:91 44 2533 2176,Ph :91 44 2533 1110/1112. Email: snipped-for-privacy@vsnl.com Websites :

4p Intl,Chennai, India

Where do you find replacements?

Reply to