Audio system code

The battery went dead on my 2001 Honda Accord EX-V6. After recharging the battery everything works fine except the audio system. When I attempt to use it CODE appears in the display when I press buttons. After that Err 1, Err

2, etc. appears. Evidently I need a code to activate the it.

How do I do this?

Reply to
anon

It should have been supplied when the car was new. Look for a sticker in the glove box, owners manual, or owners pamphlet. Otherwise you will need a dealer to get the code by looking up the radio serial number. Or replace the radio with an aftermarket.

Reply to
Seth

Thanks, there was a little white sticker on the inside of the glove box door. The code worked.

Reply to
anon

Hell, why bother with putting a new radio in--- it's easier to replace the car...

Reply to
Butch Haynes

"anon" wrote in news:AvedndyoFbh435fVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Of course it did. Your question was one of the oldest of the FAQs. See here:

Tegger