Cabin air filters re-usable?

I recently replaced the cabin air filter on my year-old Civic, and noticed that the replaced filter looked like it could probably be washed out and re-used once or twice. Has anyone done this? Are there reasons that make it a bad idea?

Reply to
PE

Mold, mildew, boogers, fiber damage from washing...

Reply to
Vincent Parry

I have used compressed air to blow out the dust and insects from my two cabin air filters in my 2003 Civic. They seem clean enough. Probably in the next year I will replace them. Ebay has them for around $12 total per set, which beats the price I see at WalMart, the online Honda dealers, etc. I am not sure how important quality is for something like this. Maybe replace the cheaper brands more often and do a cost analysis over time.

Reply to
Elle

They aren't that expensive to purchase, to consider recycling them.

Reply to
Brian Smith

I have never cleaned or changed a cabin filter in any vehicle i own or have owned. One I have had new since 1996.

Where the heck are they, and how often should they be looked ad or changed?

The car specific to this group would be an 04 accord.

Reply to
Picasso

Here is a video of how to do it for the 7th generation Accord (which should include the 04):

Elle