Car Chargers Keep Blowing Out

I got SIRIUS satellite car kit which plugs into the electrical outlets in my Honda Accord (2004) and the first one died after less than a week, then I exchanged it for a new charger and that one died in 5 minutes. I was then thrilled to find that a charger I have for another device matches the specifications of the Sirius charger, so was using that and now this morning that charger is dead. I'm starting to wonder if maybe a power surge is causing this? Should I always unplug these chargers when I turn off the car, and not plug them in again until the car has been started? I took the one charger apart...can I repair it by just replacing the little cylinder fuse inside? Are they easy to find? Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
jeffy3