1. I've got an illuminated check engine light.
2. What i notice while driving is: the rpm gauge works sporadically or not
at all. The vehicle jerks a little during speed changes.
2. After hooking a OBD II scanner to it...I got po725.
3. The service manual says po725 ='s Symptom: lock-up clutch does not
engage. Possible Causes: Disconnected ignition coil connector
Short or open in ignition coil wire
Faulty ignition coil
4. Service Manual goes on to say in the Troubleshooting Flowchart:
Disconnect harness from the Transmission Control Module TCM and measure for
battery voltage with the ignition switch on; at leads a5 and a 26.
-is there battery voltage?
-NO repair open or short in the wire between the A5 terminal and the
-YES Check for loose TCM connector. If necessary substitute a known good
TCM and recheck.
5. After i measured the voltage, with the ignition switch on... i got a
reading of 3 volts. Well below the 12 volt reading i get at the battery.
The service manual gives a yes or no answer...I'm sort of in-between with 3
6. Do i have a bad ignition coil?