civic ctdi 2004 8600 miles

Just had a 9000 service done also got them to check the clutch out as when you press the pedal slowly yo u can hear a squeaking from the clutch,they told me it needs a new clutch fork and ball,would this have had any other detrimental effect on the clutch itself or is it just case of replace fork and ball job done?

Reply to
Ady

========================

The dealer gets PAID good money if they tie up your car and replace parts . . . They wouldn't dare just pop off the rubber boot and reach in with a tiny blob of the special grease on the tip of a screwdriver and smear it on the spot that was missed while an assembly line worker picked his nose.

BTW, what kind of nose was it, British, American ?? (I don't know where they are built).

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

This was built in the UK,i just hope whatever they are replacing doesen't or already hasl reduced the clutch's life.

Reply to
Ady

let me spell out what curly is too polite to do. you're being ripped off. all it needs is a little grease. it's a 5 minute fix. end of story. and no, it has ZERO effect on clutch life.

Reply to
jim beam

It's covered under warranty it's only 12 months old,and while i knew it only needed greasing they still have to strip it to get to the bearing so if they are offering to get a new part as well,i'm not complaining.

Reply to
Ady