Cruise control on '94 Civic EX

Background: Late last year, my car's ignition system was replaced. Somehow, in the process, the horn stopped working. I brought it back to the shop to have the horn repaired, but it's gone bad several times since. The shop has repaired it each time at no charge.

The last time the horn died was in mid-April, when I was away on vacation (with the car). That time, though, the cruise control also died.

When I brought the car back to the shop to have the horn and cruise both repaired, I was told that the cruise problem was computer-related and would cost at least $200 to fix.

I'd rather not spend that much to repair an optional feature on a

12-year-old car. The mechanic seems honest, but should I bring it elsewhere, or might I even be able to fix the problem myself, despite being not mechanically inclined at all?

Thanks.

Reply to
David of Broadway