CRV 2003 - Reset Engine Light

I got these codes from the diagnostic- P 1166 and P 1456. everything I saw meant new gas cap so I have replaced it. But I need to know how to reset the Check Engine LIght. I did the Odometer and ignition, but that seems only to reset the Maintenence light. Any Help? Could it be more than the gas cap? Thanks!

Reply to
janeandjohn1232000

If the problem is fixed it will go away after a week or so of driving. It takes several drive cycles. Sometimes you can reset it by pulling the negative battery lead but that can create other problems so I don't recommend it unless you know what you are doing. It can be reset with an OBDII tester if you have access of one. I recommend you wait a week and see if it goes away. If not take it to someone that knows how to test it.

Reply to
Woody

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1167156627.149053.82210@

42g2000cwt.googlegroups.com:

P1166 is your A/F Sensor heater circuit, unrelated to the EVAP.

Did you know you have at least one TSB regarding the P1456 error? It's

04-002. The fix involves replacing the fuel fill pipe, which is defective.

Make haste to your local dealer! This may still be covered under warranty.

Reply to
Tegger