CV boots

Had a outer CV boot replaced on 01 CR-V and its slinging some grease on the wheel, is it possible that there was to much grease installed and its being forced out when the axle flexes.

Tom

Reply to
twfsa

I replaced both my axles about a month ago, and the other day I noticed some grease accumulating on the rubber. At first I thought the grease was from some accumulated junk under there (my last CV axles sprayed grease EVERYWHERE), but upon closer inspection I have a small tear (penny nail size, really) in my boot and the centripetal force has squeezed some grease out. My next concern is what exactly does my warranty cover here? IMO I would go for the entire axle change in the future. A refurb is about $50 (w/ core exchange) and it's warranted, usually for the life of the car....whatever that means....

Reply to
scube

it's road damage and therefore not covered by warranty. clean it up as best you can by pinching it open and wiping the grease off the tear surfaces, wiping with alchohol until it's clean and drys completely, then use one of the special rubber-specific loctites. #404 iirc.

Reply to
jim beam