Dash light problem - Civic 1995

I have a 1995 1.4i base civic (RH drive, UK built). I have a problem with the rear screen heater push switch and the fog push switch lights on the dash. When I switch the lights on, the rear screen heater switch and the fog switch lights are intermittent. Most of the time they do not work but sometimes while driving along they come on then go off again randomly. The ashtray light is same; sometimes on, sometimes off. I have checked the fuses both under the dash and under the bonnet but have found no problems. I have also tried to see if there is a loose connection somewhere but have not been successful as it is difficult to get behind the panel. Just to note (as I noticed in other posts), I changed the stereo recently but this was a straight swap - no further wiring required. There is also no dash light dimmer on this model. Has anyone else had similar problems or have any suggestions?

Thanks

Reply to
newton