Diagnostic tools for resetting Honda SRS control modules

I?m looking for a high quality diagnostic tool for resetting Honda SRS control modules, rather than replacing the module (SRS Computer). Thanks for any recommendations, pgroves

Reply to
pgroves via CarKB.com

You may not need a tool at all, aside from perhaps a paper clip. What year and model car is this? The service manual for my '94 describes in detail how to read and reset the SRS diagnostic codes. It is only marginally more difficult than reading the engine fault codes on that car.

Reply to
Randolph

I?m aware of the paper clip trick. I think that only works for minor fault codes. I?m looking to rebuild some Honda cars in which one or more of the air bags have been discharged. After replacing the air bags and all other damaged devices, usually the SRS control module needs to be replaced. I?m looking to reset the SRS module instead of replacing it.

Thanks for any and all replies pgroves

Reply to
pgroves via CarKB.com

I'm trying to troubleshoot my 92 accord, the srs stays on, can you tell me about the paper clip trick, does this actually reset this srs control (computer) module? Also can you mention the diagnostic tools used for resetting Honda srs control module. Thanks

Reply to
bytech