Digital Spedometer On 2010 Civic ?

that's not true - by definition, you /are/ comparing it.

your "argument" is my pedantry. many people wrongly portray digital as "accurate" when in reality, there's no greater accuracy whatsoever.

just like dial gauges you mean?

what vehicle /doesn't/ have a honking great gap between the steering wheel and the windshield? seriously dude, you're way off base on this one.

Reply to
jim beam

That's not true. You can say one thing is accurate without comparing it to another. There's no need for comparison in the original context of the question.

I am not many people, and I made no such statement. It's no wonder that so many people have you in their killfiles. The only real wonder is why I took you out of mine.

Reply to
Joe

I'm with you Joe about Jim Beam. He at times shows knowledge but his personality gets in the way of that knowledge and often lessens the value of many of his posts. Too often he resorts to name calling just because someone doesn't see it his way. Normally I'd call this immature but in his case, I think his problem is something else just not sure what that is.

Reply to
Guy

It would take much more than you are obviously capable of! I am glad I am way up here safely away from crash headed idiots like you....

DaveD

Reply to
Dave D

Have a nice day there, Dave.

Reply to
Brian Smith

Brian don't be too harsh on Dave. Remember how bright Palin was in her Couric interview? I can only assume Alaska has special needs starting from the Govenor's office all the way down to the people.

The really sad thing is if people have to resort to name calling showing how mature or bright they are, imagine who you could be driving next to? That's a scary thought.

Reply to
Guy

behold, the retard tries to disassociate himself from reality. pointing out that you are a retard is not "name calling", retard, it's simply a reflection of fact.

yeah, i have a problem alright - i just can't resist confronting retards with their reality. see above, retard.

Reply to
jim beam

then either post to a different thread or be more "accurate" about what you're trying to say - this whole thread is a comparison, hence the above comment.

see above. your first post expressed enthusiasm for digital, with your reason being accuracy. if you just like digital, that's fine. if you appreciate accuracy, that's great too - i know i do. but they are not synonymous - as is conveyed when you try to reason one because of the other, which is exactly what you did..

my, you must live in a cotton-wool ball if you don't like minor bumps. how do you hold down a job where management confronts you with reality about /real/ things like "performance" and "pay"?

Reply to
jim beam

no, "scary" is someone who just can't resist the "retard" trigger. like you, retard.

Reply to
jim beam

You might want to re-read THIS thread. The question had nothing to do with a comparison, the guy just asked if people liked the digital in the civic.

My first response expressed enthusiasm for the digital in my car, and made no comparison to any other. The only mention of Analog was in the fact that I like the placement of the digital in the Civic better than I like the placement of the analog in my Dodge truck, and never mentioned accuracy, one way or the other, of the analog.

Management has never confronted me. I can't remember a single time where my annual performance reviews were not stellar, and my pay raise wasn't in line with that.

Perhaps your experience in that field further explains your piss poor attitude and demeanor, and might be explained by your outrageous pedantry. Not a further problem here, though, you are back where you belong...

Reply to
Joe

Just as I predicted.

Reply to
Guy

Thanks for proving my point.

Reply to
Guy

You're right Guy. Dave *might* just be a passenger on the short white bus.

It takes all kinds to make up this world, unfortunately a lot of them have computers and phones and have a basic knowledge of how to use that technology. :^)

Reply to
Brian Smith

Same to you. Keep your head down and your powder dry.

DaveD

Reply to
Dave D

You mean like the obvious attempts by T&A Couric during that exchange. I refuse to call it an interview. Couric tried to talk down to Sarah but found that she was totally outclassed.

DaveD

Reply to
Dave D

You're wrong again...You never made a point to have proven....

DaveD

Reply to
Dave D

Sorry to disappoint a Newfie but I have been using this technology as long, probably longer than you....

DaveD

Reply to
Dave D

"predicted"??? you didn't "predict" anything, retard.

Reply to
jim beam

you said: "I wasn't sure if I'd like it or not, but it works great, is very accurate"

that is a direct comparison between the dial gauge that you used previously, and digital. and you use the rationale of accuracy for "working great".

it seems you didn't intend to mean that, but that is what your words convey. and i'm not contesting your taste, but i am contesting the rationale that "digital" is "accurate" because those are /not/ synonymous.

untrue - you were comparing to to what you were used to previously.

but you did the digital, and with the above comparison, you absolutely /do/ make the inference that digital is accurate.

really??? and "stellar" performance means what exactly? annual pay raises of 10%? 30%? 100%? compounded, how many years did it take you to reach your current $1,000,000 p.a?

get over it. pedants make cars work, planes fly, computers compute, and people who can't cook get out of the kitchen.

Reply to
jim beam

I didn't expect you to understand nor will I bother to explain it to a person of your limitations.

Reply to
Guy