Watson Transmission mfg Brown Lipe Gear Divison of Spicer M43 brownie

I have a 1950 GMC 2 ton truck with a Watson Transmission mfg Brown Lipe Gear Division of Spicer M43 3 speed brownie that is not original equipment on the truck. I would like to rebuild this gearbox but I can't seem to locate any information about it. Even the local Spicer dealer can't seem to help me. Does anyone have any info on these?

Reply to
Robert Bates

I recall seeing clutches and other transmission related items from a company called Lipe Rollway or Lipe Rollaway. Best guess hear is to maybe try a search for Lipe or Lipe Rollway? Bearings and seals are actually easy, all you need is the number off the part and any bearing and seal supplier can match it up. Gears and synchros and gaskets may be more difficult.

Have you also checked all the small ads in Hemmings, etc, under GMC parts and services?

Reply to
Rufus T. Firefly

I'll take a look at Hemmings. Other than one of the slider splines, everything looks good but I would rather be safe and do a complete rebuild.

Reply to
Robert Bates

Did you ever find parts? I have a 39M1

Reply to