Gas Fumes

I will be taking the car to a hoist later this week. 2000 Accord

4cylinder. Just started smelling gas the last week or so. No puddles, I know this is a very premature question but I am tthing it may be the vapor cannister. Oh yeah I get no trouble codes. I smell it mainly outside the car when I stop. 225,000 kilometres on her.
Reply to
Clete

Clete wrote in news:hthoq6ld1flem7o1o88h10r6slm1sr1ka9 @4ax.com:

More likely you've got a rusting fuel line near the gas tank.

Reply to
Tegger

We'll see, thanks.

Reply to
Clete

I was driving through a residential neighborhood in the L.A. area one time, when I smelled raw gasoline. So I stopped the car to have a look. When I got out of the car, I noticed that the smell wasn't coming from my car. The entire neighborhood smelled of raw gasoline; even when I walked a block away from the car, the air stank of raw gasoline. Evidently there was an oil refinery or something nearby.

-- Steven L.

Reply to
Steven L.

Reply to
Clete

Good place to (not) light up a cigarette.

Reply to
dgk

Thus spake dgk :

Guy falling out of the sky to guy flying up: "Hey, do you know anything about parachutes?"

Guy going up: "Nope. You know anything about gas stoves?"

Reply to
Dillon Pyron

To the tune of "My Bonnie Lies Over The Ocean":

My Daddy leant over the gas stove, A leak in the pipe for to see. I lit a match to assist him. Oh, bring back my Daddy to me.

Reply to
Tinkerer

As it turns out it was the tank,however the brake and gas lines had to be replaced as well. BAAAD shape. That is the first expense except pads in 5 years. Real good car. Knock on wood.

Reply to
Clete

Clete wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

That's an awful, terrible place for rust.

Honda puts a plastic shield there to protect the fuel lines from road- splash, but the shield also traps moisture behind it, so the entire area stays as humid as a jungle, all the time.

Reply to
Tegger

Thus spake "Tinkerer" :

Or looking for leaks in a hydrogen line with a candle. At a nuclear reactor in, say, Tennesse (it did happen, including the thankfully, minor fire)

Reply to
Dillon Pyron