Halo/Angel Eye Lights?

I installed these into my car, because I wanted something briter, and now I am selling them, because they are not as good as I thought they were.

I am just now replacing them with the stock/euro glass ones, but I wish they made the Angel Eyes, with glass fronts, not cheap plastic like everyone sells on ebay. My question is it possible to just use H.I.D with the OME headlight set, or do you need a special setup?

I would assume no, because only the headlights are being changed, with a special kit that puts gas into the light, etc...

Thanks

Reply to
mopa

Well, sort of. The bulbs will often fit. The issue I'm not sure about is stray light irritating on coming drivers.

Would people who have put HID bulbs into Honda headlamps kindly report their experience with this? (and include your model/year?)

Thanks.

There are kits for this.

e.g.:

BACKGROUND INFO

All headlamp reflectors put *most* of the light

*down* on the road straight ahead. However, it is important to send some light in other directions; e.g.: to see pedestrians, street signs, etc. If you replace the bulbs with a HID kit you will get 3x the light. And that means 3x the light to on coming drivers.

New cars with HID use projectors which focus the light thru a lense. These projectors are specifically designed to keep most of the light away from on coming drivers.

I've heard that people know their HID headlights glare because other drivers flash their high beams a lot.

Reply to
Brian Stell

What happen was the halo lights I had bought. They were the one piece set, so I sold those, and now just installed the Halo lights that are two piece, like the stock, only they have the angel eyes, and halo glass over the H3 light. (stock is H4)

The 2 piece lights are designed so much better, and are not made of as cheap plastic. I looked very good, and noticed it would be possible to even remove the glass covers off your stock lights, and put them on the

2 piece headlight angel eye set. The glass is the same size, and both plastic and glass head lamps have clips to keep the front cover in place.

For other people who want angel eye lights. Buy the two piece set, not

1 piece. It looks so much nicer, and fits so much better.
Reply to
mopa