Help! Lousy Lights on 2000 Jeep Cherokee

I've got a 2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic, and it's been pretty good, except ....

the headlights are horrible! These old sealed beams are marginally better than a bic lighter. I'm sure this is a pretty common problem, so ...

What seems to be the easiest way to get some light out in front of me? Is there a pretty standard halogen replacement light for the Cherokees that are easy to find?

Thanks!

Steve T

Reply to
Stroyer

Approximately 9/1/03 18:43, Stroyer uttered for posterity:

Yes.

Google: [2000 Jeep Cherokee Headlight] +/- upgrade. Fairly typical result:

Those *look* like a standard headlight unit, which may or may not be the case...

Don't get too crazy with factory wiring....

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Steve:

Sylvania Silverstars are the brightest sealed beam available. Here is a magazine test article:

Here is the Sylvania website:

I have them on my '02 TJ and they are much brighter than standard halogen sealed beams.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Thank Tom!

It sounds like there are other ways that may give me even better lights (with a little more effort), but these sound like they will make a significant difference..... I'm betting about $50 bucks on it.... Read your post, checked out the sites, and put in an order.

Thanks again for the help!

- Steve

Reply to
Stroyer

I had the same problem with my TJ. I purchased Euro Headlight conversion kit (DOT approved). My headlights are now white not yellow and I can actually see when driving. The kit is not expensive and plugs into the regular headlight socket. If you burn the bulb you just replace it. No extra wiring, just plug them in like you were replacing a headlight.

Reply to
Snowboardripper

So that is what I was seeing in my rear view mirror before I turned it up out of the way.

Those lights were really white.

I would like those for my CJ7.

How many watts were they?

Where did you get the kit?

Mike

Snowboardripper wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

I purchased the AIR #509102 wire harness, AIR #50H4PW blue bulbs (white light), & Hella #J70476 headlight conversion. The harness connects the headlights directly to the battery (but you still use the same switch to turn them off & on) so that you don't burn out the head light switch. It took me about 10 - 15 minutes to install. The Hella number is for the brighter, better, improved "Euro" version. Installing them was the same as replacing a sealed beam. I'm happy.......

Reply to
Carlo Jr.