heat-resistant paint

A local Midas manager told me to use heat-resistant paint on a new muffler and tailpipe for my 96 Civic to prolong its life. Has anyone had success doing this?

Reply to
Ivory123

Ivory123 wrote in news:05bccdf3-ab02-4cae-a54e- snipped-for-privacy@c7g2000vbc.googlegroups.com:

No. It's quite a lot more complicated than that.

Reply to
Tegger

let me guess - they want you to give them money for this? am i right?

Reply to
jim beam

Did he tell you how to paint the inside - most rust from the inside out.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Yes, that is very true. I used heat resistant paint on the tail pipes and resonators of a 1962 E-Type Jaguar, but it is only for cosmetic purposes. It looks better than the raw iron or steel pipes, and I suppose it does help in avoiding corrosion, especially if there is salt on the winter roads. And there were stainless steel pipes available (Abarth? I don't remember) that would outlast the car. And if you have a Ferrari there are several $$versions$$ that get points in the Concours de Elegance (or whatever is the fancy term for "car show." But for my Honda I just get the factory stuff. There is a lot of technical stuff involving back pressure and flow through and other things that I do not understand, so for my Honda I just get the factory stuff.

Reply to
billzz

"No."

Reply to
Ivory123

"Ivory123"

How can you tell if a Midas "person" is lying? Their lips are moving! (just my opinion, of course - I'll relate the reason for me saying that if anyone cares). Bear

Reply to
Bear