Heater control problem

I was wondering how to gain acccess to the heater control cable with minimum dash work. The link below shows a square indented panel with the two big buttons on the top and the 5 smaller ones on the bottom. It looks as if that square panel could be popped out, but I am not sure. If it can, then how to pop it out? If that's not possible, I assume I would have to pop out that entire larger, darker panel section the smaller square is located in. But then I wouldn't know how to pop that out either. Can anybody advise me on this?

cameo

I don't by any means have a 94 Honda Accord outside to verify this with, but from your picture the whole panel /probably/ pops out. It's /likely/ held to the dash by metal spring-clips on plastic tabs.

Tools similar to :

come in handy

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Thanks for the tool tip. I hope Harbor Freight has something similar.

Reply to
cameo

sorry, need to check the service manual to be sure. istr that you had to take the center console out to get at two screws that hold the control panel in, but maybe you'll get lucky - i left them out on mine just in case i needed to get back in without removing all the rest so maybe the guys that did your heater core did the same.

Reply to
jim beam