Honda CRV fuel gauge

I have a new CRV. The low-fuel light comes on too early. It still has ~16 litres in the tank, where the specs say it should be 10.4l. I took it back to the dealer who gave me the old load of bull "all the new cars do that". Has anyone else had this problem? It's not serious - just irritating! Cheers, BK

Reply to
BK

Kevin

Why would you let the gas go below 1/4 tank anyway?

Reply to
D.D. Palmer

Reply to
NewYapAhLoy

Seem strange to say what you are saying. I have never had any problem with any of my Hondas in all the years I have owned them because of fuel. Please tell me where this is documented, and someone who has actually experienced bad things from letting their tank go low. Not well dirt got in there, or sugar or water or anything else that would be obvious.

1987 Honda civic 185K miles 1990 Honda Civic Lx 272K miles 1994 Honda Civic LX 174K Miles 1999 Honda Civic EX 102K miles (still own and drive) 2001 Honda CRV EX 97K Miles (still own and drive) 2005 Honda CRV EX 5k Miles (wifes car)

So I will put over 835,000 miles drive and running the tank to the Idiot light comes on against that statement. (I will hit 1,000,000 miles driving in Hondas on or about August 2007.)

But >Why would you let the gas go below 1/4 tank anyway?

Reply to
Kevin

I've heard this urban legend so many times it's comical. The gas feeds from the bottom of the tank you know. Plus the roads aren't so smooth that there's no sloshing around of the gas, let alone all the hitting the gas and brakes and turning right and left.

DaveL

Reply to
DaveL