fuel gauge problem 01 s/10

I have a new quirk with my '01 s/10, when I stop for a light the fuel gauge drops to E and the low fuel light comes on. So far this only happens when I have MORE than 1/2 tank so not to frenzied yet. But I can see it being a problem. Anyone else have this one, if so what is the fix. It's the 4.3 v6

2wd if that makes any difference. Thanks Mel
Reply to
Mel

"" wrote: > I have a new quirk with my '01 s/10, when I stop for a light > the fuel gauge > drops to E and the low fuel light comes on. So far this only > happens when I > have MORE than 1/2 tank so not to frenzied yet. But I can see > it being a > problem. Anyone else have this one, if so what is the fix. > It's the 4.3 v6 > 2wd if that makes any difference. Thanks Mel

sounds like you fuel level sensor is going bad seen alot of them go bad,i think there is a tsb on it

Reply to
sportstr