How do I get these #%$&! stickers off my new Civic window visors??

They could have made them difficult to remove instead of impossible to remove. I've tried a bunch of methods and nothing works. They are on to stay permanently.

Bruce.

Reply to
Bruce.

But then you can imagine the lawyers: "My client was injured because he didn't have the vital information required on those stickers that just fell right off...." I find that WWJD (What would Jesus Do?) is secondary to WWTLS (What Will The Lawyers Say?) ;-)

Reply to
Michael Pardee

If car makers can make cars that park themselves and use radar to avoid accidents, think of the potential liability for those features!! Yet they make those features anyway.

Any liability for customers intentionally removing warning stickers would be nearly zero compared to those cases.

Bruce.

Reply to
Bruce.

The frequency of lawsuits for removing the stickers would probably be less than for auto-parking mishaps, but the size of the lawsuits would almost certainly be greater than for the parking incidents. With both self-parking and radar the equipment does not relieve the driver of his responsibility to operate the machine safely. Loss of required stickers would allegedly mislead the driver to operate unsafely.

How did we get to this state of affairs, anyway? [rhetorical]

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

You can thank the government and the aggressive trial lawyers for those blasted things.

I think that the only clean answer is going to be an upholstery shop.

On our Honda the stickers appear to be heat bonded on. Yuck!

Reply to
John Horner

John Horner wrote in news:M2Lwh.98$MH2.20@trnddc03:

I wonder why heat can't UNbond them?

Consider that even if you fail and screw them up,you can still get them reupholstered at a shop.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

How do I get these #%$&! stickers off my new Civic window visors??

Short answer; you can't. They are a type of silkscreening process.

You can thank the (liberal) "nanny state" for those stickers.

-- Tp,

----- -\

Reply to
TomP

I don't think it's just liberals that vote for this shit. After all, wasn't Congress under a majority of Republican rule for the past 8 or so years? I don't think it's a bad idea at all to warn people about the airbags, in fact I think it's a good idea. What is dumb is making them so that you can't remove them once you've read them.

Or they could put the warning on the back of the glove compartment so when it opens anyone would see it, yet it would not ruin the appearance of your $20,000+ vehicle...

Reply to
D.K.