hybrid mileage

The FE weighed more than the Civic DX (Higher trim level)

Actually, the FE sported the same features of the 1500 SI including tach, extar insulation, 13" wheels etc. but had the 1300 engine instead. I have an '82 Civic four speed as well and that was a very basic car. The FE is two trim levels higher.

Yes, the 1300 engine was rehashed for '82/83 for the FE and was the forunner of the 1300 CRX that would follow that boasted very high MPG figures.

The big thing here is that I own the car outright... No banker riding in the back seat. Also, as I stated in a previous post, it is much more user friendly when it comes to maintenance and repair. Right now the car has less than 120K and these were 300K vehicles provided they were maintained properly.

This may well be my last car so long nobody whacks it..

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Indeed. I forgot that your 1983 Honda is much lighter as well as having a smaller engine. I think my 1.5L 1991 Civic is similar in weight to modern Civics, though. Little aside: I have been driving my Civic in a much hotter part of the country (Arizona) the last few months, with more city driving, and mileage is definitely down, but not by too much. Say from 42 mpg to 39 mpg. I am pretty sure the gasoline is mostly unmodified here (e.g. rarely ethanol stations).

Reply to
Elle