iddle problems when air conditioner is on

I have the ?02 accord with 81(k) miles. Within the last couple of months, I have noticed idle problems when the air conditioner is on. When I come to a stop, the car shakes but if the air conditioner is not on there is not a problem. Also, the a/c cools fine. Any clues? :(

Reply to
helpme1

Could be your load detector (ELD) -- it is usually located in the fuse box under the hood (not sure on a 2002) It is supposed to adjust your idle under heavier electric load.

Remco

Reply to
remco

Are you saying it could be a fuse that needs replacing?

Reply to
helpme1

Not a fuse - It usually looks like a relay or sorts. (like a cube looking module). It detects current draw and tells the car's computer to step the rpms up a notch when it deems that it is needed. I forgot the specifics on how to test one, so let me look around. See if you can find it under the hood's fuse box, as that is often where it is located. (unless someone here knows for sure.. )

Remco

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

remco