Ignition beeper won,t quit!

Turned off car today - beeper stayed on( and ON ...ON!) disconnected battery. any reset or anything I can do besides finding the beeper(behind fuses -lower left driver side?) any help would be appreciated! :?:

Reply to
scoot

scoot wrote in news:1112617 snipped-for-privacy@autoboardz.com:

are we supposed to guess what kind of car you have?

In this NG,it's proper to cite the year,make,model,and mileage so others will have a starting idea of what condition your car is in.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Wouldn't it be helpful to know what kind of 'car', and what side the steering wheel is on ? ? ?

Spray all five locks with LockEase and see if it loosens them up like new. The switch that tells the computer about the key's presence might come free too.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

I have a Honda 2000 EX and I have the same problem. It wont let me use the power lock unless I?m in the car with the Key in the ignition. I took it to shop, they said they could hook it up to the computer for $85 and see what?s wrong. That?s too much. I think I will try what you guys have suggested. Thanks

"scoot" wrote: > Turned off car today - beeper stayed on( and ON ...ON!) > disconnected battery. any reset or anything I can do besides > finding the beeper(behind fuses -lower left driver side?) any > help would be appreciated! :?:

Reply to
clearwater8365