MIce in Pilot

Our Honda Pilot has become infested with mice. I've been catching them in traps, but they keep getting back in. We've taken the back seats out and some of the plastic on the sides, but haven't found how they are getting in yet. Any suggestions on where to look? TIA!

Reply to
Bob Burns

Look for the owner-installed "Cat-in-Pilot" option....

Reply to
RWM

lol

What are you hauling in your Pilot that would attract mice?

Get some of those poison pellets from Wal-Mart or Home Depot, preferably in one of those patented containers such that a cat or dog or child cannot get into them. Quite inexpensive.

Reply to
Elle

---------------------------------

Most helpful place I know of for PILOT info. Sign in, then SEARCH. If you don't find anything, post your question. Mice have been discussed.

I would use those sticky traps, since you don't want a poisoned mouse crawling somewhere to die (like up under your airbag computer).

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

I had a 2000 accord with mice problems,I found out that they were coming in the air vent. It was a Honda design problem . The remedy was to make sure that the air vent was closed when I parked in the garage. To close the air vent from the outside are you must make sure that the "recirculate" button or lever is activated before you exit the vehicle for any extended length of time.

Reply to
BOB

WE had a '91 Accord which had mice nesting in the engine air filter, but never got in the passenger compartment. The air intake for the Pilot passenger compartment is in front of the windshield, and has a fine mesh screen.

Reply to
Bob Burns

Thanks! Lots of discussions. Glad I'm not the only one. Consensus seems to be use moth balls.

Reply to
Bob Burns

Don't dismiss the "green" option: the cat...

Bob Burns wrote:

Reply to
RWM

On 10/4/2005 7:28 AM Bob Burns spake these words of knowledge:

Moth balls? How do you get their little legs apart?

RFT!!! Dave Kelsen

Reply to
Dave Kelsen

Very carefully!

Reply to
Bob Burns

Reply to
Barry

On 10/6/2005 8:19 PM Barry spake these words of knowledge:

Yeah, man! I feel very bad for Tyrone, but I think we're looking at 9-2 or even 10-1!

RFT!!! Dave Kelsen

Reply to
Dave Kelsen

Not bad for a team that was -- at best -- looking at 7-4. Besides, whataya mean, 9-2? 13-0 dude! (yeah, I know, but little dreams are for little people...)

Reply to
Barry