My 1995 v6 accord speedometer needle stuck at 20 mph

Hi, Because of the speedometer problems I was suggested to replace the speed sensor. Yes, I spent 85.00 for the sensor and my speedometer still stuck at 20 mph.But before I replace my speedometer another $136.00 could somebody tell me what cause this problems? Thanks

John

Reply to
JC

Diagnostic instrument could have confirmed the speed sensor wasn't the problem. Stuck speedo is probably some small thing in the needle mechanism. Only repair that I know of is replacement. Saw a '95 with the same thing last week. That car was "rode hard and put up wet". bob

Reply to
N.E.Ohio Bob

It's the exact same thing as a (Darsonvalle sp?) voltmeter. A speck of iron filing a lost screw) sticks to the magnet, then wedges the coil in place one day. Just swinging the needle with your finger will probably free it, but it might reappear a day later. You can probably slip the dash out yourself (google.com), remove the speedo and look at the movement. With a good magnifier and good light you'll probably see the problem.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'