New Battery And Car's Computer ?

Hello,

Will be putting a new battery I bought in son's car. He has a 2005 Accord LX, the 6 Cyl. model.

Question: Are there any potential gotchas regarding any of the computer "stuff" that I should be aware of ?

Anything that might need re-setting, etc. ? If so, how, please ?

Guess I'm wondering if there is anything to be concerned about during the time period from the removal of the old, to the hooking up of the new, re the car's computer.

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob

Chances are, you'll need the radio security code. Other than that, no. The engine will not run optimally for a while while the computer re-learns the driving habits to optimize, but you'll likely not even notice it.

Reply to
Joe

He'll need to do the chicken dance to reset the clock too.

Reply to
Bitzer

you may also be aware of the process where you turn the Ignition Switch to ACC and connect via the cig lighter plug a temporary power backup. This should work in that for the minute or two while you switch the battery, power is maintained to the computer and radio until you make the connections secure.

Napa, AutoZone, Pep Boys, Advanced Auto, et al have these types of backup systems

Reply to
dagger