New Camry Or Accord ?

Hello:

Trying to decide on a new Accord or Camry. Probably the 4 cyl, LX model.

Anyone have any reasonably strong convictions on one over the other ? Why ?

Or, is it simply a matter of price and how you fit in the front seats, since they are both so similar ?

Any meaningful differences in overall quality, engine, transmission, etc. ?

------------ BTW: Do most folks still go with the 4 cyl. ? Strong "enough" ?

Much thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

I asked the same question earlier and didnt get a concensus. Both are apparently very good machines.

Personally, I have heard more 'aw shit' stories about Honda than I have about Toyota.

But both seem to be highly valued.

Reply to
<HLS

Friend of mine just bought a new sport model Accord because he liked the suspension and handling a bit better than the Camry. He liked the Camry but said it rode softer, more like a traditional sedan. He thought the 4 was enough but the one he chose, because of the handling, came with the 6. My wife's '93 Camry wagon has the 6. Runs strong, even in the heavier wagon. You won't go wrong with either.

Reply to
MisterSkippy

Read up on interference engines. The Accord (as do all Hondas Ithink) has an interference engine, the Camry does not. Find out what that means if your timing belt should break. If that bothers you then you have a reason to choose. I like to keep a car as long as it runs and I don't like the idea of having an engine destroy itself should a belt break.

YMMV.

Mark

Reply to
Mark