Ody Power Door rubber stopper

We have a 1999 Ody EX. A few weeks ago the driver's side power door started coming to a stop with a bang when opened. I took a look at it and realized that the little piece of rubber situated at the top of the door assembly was missing. This piece of rubber is what the door SHOULD bang into as it opens completely, but if that rubber is not there, the door comes to a stop with a bang. Luckily I found the little piece of rubber and put it back in place (though I wasn't able to get it in there 100%). Well the rubber piece fell out again and I have no idea where it is. I hate the thought of ordering one from the dealer (for a large amount of money, no doubt). Any suggestions on what to put in there? Maybe another piece of rubber from anywhere else held in place with duct tape?

Thanks a lot!

Mike

P.S. I searched the Forums at Odyclub.com and didn't find anything on this specific topic.

Reply to
Mike

That has been discussed several times on ODYCLUB.COM. Go to the dealer and get one or order from one of the online parts stores. There are several listed on ODYCLUB. Leaving it bang will probably cause damage to the nylon rollers the door runs on.

Reply to
Woody

Shows the list price at less than $5. Don't be bashful and call your local dealer parts counter.

Reply to
Woody

Thanks a lot, Woody!

Mike

Reply to
Mike

As an amusing follow-up to this situation, I got a replacement from my local Honda dealer and installed it. Then this past weekend, my 2 year old daughter was hiding in the back of the Ody and she came out with the original door stopper. Gotta love it. At least I only spent $6 on the replacement.

Mike

Reply to
Mike