'03 Pilot

My wife drives the Pilot. I took the front seats out last week, and when I cranked up after putting them back, the SRS light was on. I checked all connections under each seat, they were good.

Went to my local mechanic, a former Honda guy gone independent - he's been working on my Hondas and Acuras for over 10 years. He can't figure it out, suggests going to the dealer - never heard that from him before.

So I call the local dealers, they want anywhere from $40-100 to hook up the computer.

I just want to turn the light off. It was never on before I took the seats out, and nothing else changed. No accident, no electrical problems, no seat belt problems.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Ci

Check the seatbelt connections. I had a bad sensor on my drivers side seatbelt. This caused the SRS. Resetting can be done with a paperclip, but it's kind of involved. It will never go out on it's own even in the problem is fixed. You have to reset it.

This was on my '01 Accord. Same for Pilot I'm sure.

G-Man

Reply to
G-Man

Since you took out the seats, you might want to check the side-impact airbags. I don't know about your Pilot, but my 2003 EX-LRES has side-impact airbags built into the seats...something could have been disconnected in there.

Reply to
Robert