Old factory alarm on Concerto: disable?

Hi, This is for a 1994 Concerto, RHD, UK. The handset has finally given up(buttons damaged) and I don't have a spare. I am able to operate the alarm by shorting out the contacts. Is there a manual override or another way of disabling the alarm and, more importantly, the immobiliser? The car is old, so it is not worth the cost of a new handset. My e-mail is b a r a k a (AT) h e m s c o t t (DOT) net

Reply to
Jay

Jay wrote in news:fhpfg3hs6s91105vli800j4adu4t2gm7es@

4ax.com:

Answered in rec.autos.makers.honda.

What is this? We've had a rash of multi-posting newbies. Is there a full moon or something?

Reply to
Tegger

Yes, thanks for the answer, I will try it out. Perhaps you can explain something to me. In what way is it a problem to post in the 2 Honda groups? .

Reply to
Dee

Not a problem to do it, but you should take care to do it right.

Had you cross-posted it to relevant groups, any responses would have also cross-posted (unless the author specifically turned off the other groups), therefore showing the answer to all the groups...

Reply to
Joe

To borrow a page from the manual of pedantry, 2 hardly qualifies as "multi".

OK, sounds reasonable. But the last time I posted in Usenet, I did just that and somebody ticked me off for X-posting, again in just 2 groups. You can't win!

Reply to
Ja

Jay wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Thy guy who flamed you was an ignoramus. It is perfectly acceptable to crosspost to two or three groups that are relevant to your post.

Reply to
Tegger