Query for group.

A question for all you experts on the group!

Is it possible to convert a 1990 Prelude 2 litre twin carb to fuel injection?

If it is or you know a site that gives details I would be very grateful.

Cheers

Keith

Reply to
Keith

I do not know the answer, but I am going to take a wild guess that if it is possible, the cheapest route would be an engine/transmission swap. Electronics would also need to be swapped out.

Elliot Richmond Itinerant astronomy teacher

Reply to
Elliot Richmond

Wow, I didn't think Honda was still putting carbs in cars in '90, let alone into Preludes.

In any case, it should certainly be possible, although I doubt a complete engine/tranny swap would be necessary or even cheapest, as Elliot suggests, unless the FI version uses a direct-injection system. At the very least you'd need the electronics and intake system (air intake, throttle body, etc.), and possibly the intake manifold.

I can't point you to any Prelude-specific info, but I believe a few folks at

have done a carb-to-FI swap on 3rd-gen ('86-'89) Accords, which are a close cousin to the Prelude. Could probably start there.

Reply to
Matt Ion

Thanks for the help guys. It will probably be cheaper to upgrade to a newer lude, with the VTEC engine. Its a shame because I just love the shape of the 3rd gen, after that they got very "samey" looking as the other jap coupes of the period.

Cheers

Keith

Reply to
arpeggio66

If you look around, you can probably find a wrecked car with the necessary parts intact for relatively cheap. If you can do the work yourself, it really shouldn't cost that much.

Reply to
Matt Ion

snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com:

Check out

make swap kits,parts and have a lot of info on their site.

Hondata will have the electronics you need for the newer engine.

Reply to
Jim Yanik