Questions about the element

I am considering getting an Element EX but want to hear more from owners.

I asked my repair shop for their opinion and they could not locate any mechanical service bullitins and thought it would be sound mechanically. The motor has not been made for that long (as opposed to the Toyota 22R-E) which may be a source of some concern.

Questions I have are: ] I am 6'3" and I found the driving position not entirely comforatable. How comforatable is it on long drives?

I realize it does not a lot of power but it would be an improvement over my

116HP 22R-E pulling my 4Runner.

What type of city gas mileage can I expect?

Is wind noise pronounced at highway speeds?

Now for the big question:

What DON'T you like about it?

Reply to
grinder

---------------------------------------

Sign in (including your country), then search for the words 'tall' or 'headroom'. There's been lots of posts about it.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

You should visit this site for the titles of Technical Service Bulletins and Recall information. I visited the site about two years ago and hope that it's still there. The service manager of any Honda dealership can give you the data about the TSBs after you provide him the TSB Number and title. Jason

I advise your to test drive the Element and similar vehicles made by Toyota, Mazda and other car companies that you trust. If your head touches the roof in any of those vehicles during any portion of the test drive--don't buy the vehicle. Also, determine whether or not you are able to adjust the seat so that your feet and legs are comfortable. I saw a post last year where the poster stated that he was unhappy with his Civic because his head touched the roof when he drove his car. Several posters stated something like-- "Why did you not discover the problem during the test drive and purchase a different vehicle?" Jason

Reply to
Jason

I had enough head room in the element. The issue was more about driving position. It seemed I was sitting in a dining room chair versus a recliner.

The best car I have sat in is a BMW 325. That fits like a glove.

Reply to
grinder