diesel accord in the USA ?

Is the 135 bhp 2.2 L I-4 diesel going to appear in the USA in the

2007 Accord ?

Lynn

Reply to
Lynn McGuire

What does Honda say when you ask them that question? Our answers here would be nothing more than speculation. {;^)

Reply to
Brian Smith

nothing more than speculation. {;^)

Who do you ask ? I did find:

claims that Honda is developing a 6 cylinder diesel for thePilot and Ridgeline. Lynn

Reply to
Lynn McGuire

Well, I would start with asking the question of someone in a position to know at a local dealership. If they couldn't answer the question I would progress to the Zone Office for your area. Failing a response from that avenue, I would send an e-mail or call American Honda.

Reply to
Brian Smith

Reply to
Dr Nick

Why do they need to work on them? pretty much every manufacturer already has several diesel engines available in their european ranges.

which golf diesel engine was it you looked at (lets not beat around the bush, the jetta is just a golf with a boot instead of the more usefull hatch). IIRc, europeans have about 4 to pick from, upto the high output gti diesel (which outperforms the petrol (gasolene) one.

gotta be said though, the mainland europe diesel engines are better than the asian ones. Friend used to swear by the 1.9 in the ford fiesta work van, that was more than 10 years ago as well, and still its more advanced than the duramax crap they sell in the US.

Reply to
flobert