Radar Detector Recomendation

In a pack is the least of the times I want to drive fast. I generally drive fast during the times that the cops don't mind. If I am driving late at night or on a road with little to no traffic, I drive a bit faster. On a busier highway, I stick to 5-7 over the limit, and the police are fine with that.

I drive an 06 Si, am 35 years old, and have never had a speeding ticket. Not that it won't happen eventually, but I try hard to drive with some common sense, and it seems to work...

Reply to
Joe

Not driving within the Posted Maximum Speed limit is not intelligent.

Reply to
Brian Smith

Not driving at the prevailing speed of surrounding traffic is dangerous.

Reply to
News

To those fine folks who answered the question I asked, thanks for the good advice and suggestions! To the rest of you sophomores-- OK children, recess is over, go back to your homerooms now...

Reply to
Butch Haynes

"Brian Smith" wrote in news:tOUqj.3955$FO1.805@edtnps82:

Suppose the posted maximum was set for political reasons and is set too low?

Reply to
Tegger

Good point. There's a 10 mile stretch of westbound I-20 about 35 miles east of Birmingham, AL where the S/L is 55 for no reason other than so the local cops can bag "speeders". The S/L on either side of this speed trap is 70 and the road there is wide, in good repair, has gentle curves and hills only.

Reply to
Butch Haynes

around my neck of the woods, slowing down to the posted limit would cause a 50 vehicle pile-up - and that's /really/ not intelligent.

Reply to
jim beam

take that up with the feds. i understand that there have been a whole bunch of these kinds of "local economy boosters" that have been eliminated in ca and nv. apparently, there's some kind of law against arbitrary local authority speed limits, and there's a "percentage of local income" economic test applied when scrutinizing.

Reply to
jim beam

Bullshit. Poor attempt at rationalization.

Reply to
Dan C

sorry dude, it's not bullshit. you're just so enraged in your argument with dave, you're not thinking straight.

come to the san francisco bay area. 580 oakland is posted 55. if you go much slower than 80 outside of rush hour, you'll cause an accident. it's 4 lanes, bumper to bumper. rush hour is slower - about 35. 280 is posted 65 and 80 is the rule. if you drive the 15 into las vegas from l.a. on a friday night, that's posted 65 and prevailing is about 95. that's bumper to bumper too.

Reply to
jim beam

Wrong. I'm not "enraged" about anything. You apparently are, which may explain your need to speed on the highways. It's called "road rage".

More bullshit. I lived in Alameda for 6 years, and frequently went to S.F. I also go to Vegas at least 6-8 times a year, and that's just not the truth. Keep trying to rationalize your speeding, though.

Reply to
Dan C

Perzactly! Well put.

Reply to
Say What?

Speeding is not road rage. Some people are quite calm at 10+ over the limit. Speeding is speeding. Driving angry as a result of something another driver did or you perceive they did, is road rage.

I can't speak to those roads, but I-80 in NJ, if you're not keeping up with traffic you are causing a problem.

Reply to
Seth

I-80 NJ to OH, same story. Anyone at 65 is a rolling roadblock.

Reply to
News

My living depends on my licence being perfectly clean. It has been for over twenty five years now, I'm not about to change the way I drive because of any reasons, political or not.

Reply to
Brian Smith

I agree, for the fools and idiots that can't or won't obey the law and use common sense.

Reply to
Brian Smith

Not for the morons that won't obey the law, it isn't.

Reply to
Brian Smith

I'm sorry Jim, but someone obeying the law is not the one responsible (take note of that word) for causing the collision(s). The ones responsible for the collision(s) are the people who aren't willing to obey the law.

Reply to
Brian Smith

"Brian Smith" wrote in news:Ne5rj.18755$C61.3664@edtnps89:

Nobody said you had to change anything.

And hey, my license is clean too! Now that the seat belt and speeding charges have finally aged off, that is. ;^)

Reply to
Tegger

What difference does it make why the limits were set? If the limits are bad limits, complain to you elected officials. Or become an elected official.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff