Re: 1990 Honda Civic HB ingnition problem !!!!!!

Breezy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@no-mx.carstalk.net:

> This gets on my nerves almost everyday...My 1990 honda civic hatchback > does not fire fully when it is being started. It doesnt do this > everyday but when it does it takes forever for it to start and > sometimes it doesnt. I've had my mechnic check it every time it does > it yet the problem cannot be found...CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS > PROBLEM???????????? its not the alternator the starter..its got a new > distributo cap and just had a tune up....The only thing i could think > of is my alarm was never fully unhooked....but then why would it be > trying to crank?????? > PLEASE IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT IT IS TELL ME...OR IF YOU HAVE A 1990 > H.C.HB TELL ME IF YOU HAVE THE PROBLEM!!!!! > > thanks > Breezy > >

If it cranks,briefly starts running,then dies,and then cranks without starting,the problem may be the "main relay" which controls the electric fuel pump that keeps the injector rail pressurised. It can be removed,opened up,and the cracked solder joints on the PCB resoldered. That will save you at least $50 for a new relay.

see.www.tegger.com

Reply to
Jim Yanik