Re: Brake Pads

mrg wrote:> I will be replacing my brake pads soon on my 03 Civic EX, and I want to

replace them with high quality pads. Of the various brake pad >

technologies

out there, what is the best and can anyone recommend any brands? > > Thanks > Glenn >

I have Raybestos QuiteStops on my '03 Accord right now front and rear and am very happy with them about 1 year into use. I believe that they are a ceramic type formulation. Considering that the factory rear pads wore out so rapidly and that the factory front disks warped at a young age I saw no reason to buy Honda replacement parts.

John John on my 95 civic Lx with- 223.000kms the rear brake drums on my car were still good all thats needed to keep them working properly is rear brake adjustments every 25-30,000kms secondly as far as the front brakes are concerned i take off the front wheells every year to inspect & grease the sliders with synthetic grease put the wheells back making sure to Torque each bolt on the wheell to exactly 80 foot pounds. so i dont worpe roters & get a shaky wheell ;) :cool:

Reply to
johnin

the rear brake drums on my car were still good all thats needed to keep them working properly is rear brake adjustments every 25-30,000kms secondly as far as the front brakes are concerned i take off the front wheells every year to inspect & grease the sliders with synthetic grease put the wheells back making sure to Torque each bolt on the wheell to exactly 80 foot pounds. so i dont worpe roters & get a shaky wheell ;) :cool:

I manually rotate and torque the tires on my Honda with a torque wrench myself. In the case of my Accord this did not help with the warping front rotors.

John

Reply to
John Horner