Re: Crosstour - beautiful or ugly?

Thus spake snipped-for-privacy@gmab.com :

> >>On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 08:45:01 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@gmab.com wrote: >> >>>Ugly, all around. Hondas are well built, however no one would argue >>>that they are design leaders (excluding the Fit, last generation >>>Prelude and perhaps the previous TL). The Panamera is actually one >>>amazing piece of machinery, a technical masterpiece. >> >>I dunno, the Honda sheet metal tends to be respectable, after all most >>of the past twenty years' Accords are just cloned and lightly modified >>Mercedes and BMW designs! >> >Really? I don't see it at all. Is there evidence regarding this?

My 96 Civic sure had the lines of a BMW 3 series. No mistaking the two, but individual lines were really close.

Clones? No. Parallel evolution? Maybe. Limited number of ways to get the same airflow from the same basic frame design? Very likely.

Remember how everything started looking like a "melted gumdrop" after the Taurus came out?

Reply to
Dillon Pyron