Re: Audi RS6 53 plate = WANT!

what are these beasts like? whats the 0-60 on them and what kinda power

> they kick out? all i know is there a big loud V8 really. guessing what > 350-400bhp maybe at a big push? >

Put it this way, in a straight line its as fast as 911 turbo and a Ferrari

360 :)

4.6s to 60 and a top speed of 190mph+ unrestricted

Reply to
Ronny

I raced one down the freeway in my WRX and it absolutely destroyed me.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

If it's back - what happens to it now?

David

Reply to
David Lane

It started off as 450bhp, and then got bumped up to 470 in later editions iirc.

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Oh yes, stupid me. Shurely shome mishtake Vamp!

You could say "unfortunately" about the auto box, but you sort of learn to put up with it!

Reply to
Rachael

Arghhh - you said it again!!!

It would be a pleasure. Well, kind of - I just scare myself with it. I'm a cr@p driver.

Reply to
Rachael

I'm sure I could live with it, you know, if someone made me drive an RS6 hehe ;-) Which would obviously just be terrible....

Reply to
Iridium

Hmmmm, you seem to be talking bollox mate.

Are you seriously suggesting that an auto gearbox, is the "best" compromise for all cars ?

Reply to
Tony Bond

No, he appears to be saying, correctly IMO, that anyone who chooses a manual gearbox has a screw loose. If they choose a car which can only be fitted with a manual gearbox or which only works well with a manual gearbox then they have more than one screw loose.

BTW, it's not *that* long ago since TRL discovered that if every driver changed to an auto that there would be a net fuel saving. Since the vast majority of drivers who preen themselves thinking that they are great drivers and make best use of a manual 'box are inevitably dead wrong.

Reply to
Steve Firth

What if you drive an auto tin-top but have a 2nd "toy" car, with a manual fitted ? :)

Reply to
Tony Bond

Then by definition you have multiple screws loose since only nutters buy/build Caterhams colon-hyphen-etc.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Hehe, don't worry about it. Vamp's a bit 'special' like that...

Reply to
Albert T Cone

*post corrected*

So in fact to get the best fuel usage you really need to give crap drivers autos. Makes sense.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

No it wasn't "corrected" you told a lie. HTH.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Well its the best in modern traffic by a mile. All that business with clutches and gearsticks is tiring. Once you have owned a few autos you will wonder why anyone would want anything else.

Reply to
Burgerman

Actually, my tin-top is a manual too :) If I bought newer cars I'd probably get an auto, just out of laziness, but at my price-range, autos are a bit expensive to fix :)

Reply to
Tony Bond

But it would still be a Skoda with a shit 4wd system.

Reply to
SteveH

It would still unfortunately be a Skoda, but at least it would be powerful and 4wd.

Reply to
Iridium

LOL. Have you even been driven by your mate's brother's girlfriend's dog in a car that has Haldex 4x4?

How do you find the Skoda's 4wd system shit? Is it because it doesn't make all 4 wheels go round sometimes? Is it because you've found it's horribly unreliable?

Or did you read it in a magazine?

Still a Skoda, and without just FWD.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Still better than one with fwd and that much power though.

Reply to
James Grabowski